Want examples of silent auction items? Read onPosted on January 1, 2012
Talk about variety.
Saturday’s benefit for Kevin Grinde, the longtime Grand Forks-area journalist and outdoorsman who is recovering from a liver transplant, features a mix of silent auction items — all generously provided by individuals, organizations and businesses from Greater Grand Forks and the region.
The fundraiser – featuring a free-will-offering spaghetti dinner in addition to the silent auction – runs from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday near downtown Grand Forks, at the Knights of Columbus, 601 University Ave.
Silent auction proceeds and free-will donations will be used to cover ongoing medical and general living expenses, with the North Dakota Association for the Disabled serving as fund caretaker. NDAD and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, which will provide some matching funds, are benefit partners.
Can’t make the benefit but would like to help? Tax-deductible donations can be mailed to NDAD/Kevin Grinde, 2660 Columbia Road, Grand Forks ND 58201. For more information, please call Jeri at (701) 775-5577.
Here’s a partial list of silent auction items:
- Outdoors excursion trips, including:
- Two evening catfish fishing excursions on Red River with local guide Brad Durick.
- An ice fishing day on Lake of the Woods from Ballard’s Resort.
- An eight-hour guided open-water fishing trip on Leech Lake.
- A guided winter or summer Ely, Minn., area lake trout trip for 1 or 2 people, with fishing guide/photographer Steve Foss.
- A guided one-day Ely, Minn., area photo excursion for 1 or 2 people with Foss.
- A three-day/night ice fishing excursion for 4 on Lake of the Woods’ Oak Island.
- UND sporting events, including 4 tickets each to the women’s hockey game Feb. 3, women’s basketball game Feb. 11 and men’s basketball game Feb. 25 — each package with an extra gift card/certificate.
- A tailgate-style barbeque event for 12, featuring baby-back ribs, jambalaya, baked beans, sirloin tips and fresh fruit, at your house, a park, or other local setting.
- A Disney package including two tickets to see Disney On Ice at Ralph Engelstad Arena.
- Tickets to a Fargodome monster truck event, plus a restaurant gift card.
- Several golf cards and certificates featuring play at multiple local/regional courses – many including free use of a cart.
- A news-time, behind-the-scenes tour and meeting with Channel 8 anchors Terry Dullum, Charley Johnson, Pat Sweeney and Molly Thorvilson, for up to 4 people, during WDAZ News @ 5 and 6.
- A special dinner for two, prepared by Grand Forks Herald food editor / columnist Jeff “Chef Jeff” Tiedeman.
- Autographed collections from several noted authors from the region:
- Julie Kramer (“Stalking Susan,” “Missing Mark”), Minnesota crime-fiction novelist and a Minnesota Book Awards winner for genre fiction.
- Tony Bender, the North Dakota author-columnist-humorist (“The Last Ghostdance,” “Prairie Beat,” “The Great and Mighty Da-Da,” “Loons in the Kitchen” and “If Every Month Were June”) and a music producer, too (“Dillinger” CD).
- A Cal Ripkin Jr. Cooperstown Collection baseball throwback jersey.
- An Adrian Peterson “on field” style Minnesota Vikings jersey.
- A puck and cap autographed by Minnesota Wild’s Pierre Marc-Bouchard.
- A Minnesota Wild leather jacket.
- Minnesota Twins items, including a “Game 163” poster-size photograph autographed by 2010 A.L. Manager of the Year Ron Gardenhire; an officlal MLB baseball autographed by Gardenhire; and a Justin Morneau bobblehead collectible.
- A UND Fighting Sioux picnic tote package.
- A puck autographed by U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist/U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame player John Mayasich, last year ranked No 1 on the Star Tribune’s list of 100 Greatest Players in High School Hockey History.
- More individual items, including:
- A Garmin Extrex Vista GPS.
- A 50th-anniversary John Deere collectible toy tractor.
- A collectible Avon “Rose Splendor” Barbie.
- Several homemade quilts and afghans.
- One-year and six-month Herald daily and Sunday newspaper subscriptions.
- A fern watercolor monotype print by artist Carolyn Meisel.
- A wildlife art print and church art print.
- Multiple gift baskets and other packages, featuring gift cards/certificates and various other items provided by favorite local restaurants, retailers, service providers and other businesses and individuals. A small sample:
- “Romantic evening” package including a night’s lodging, dinner, wine and Chippers.
- “Relaxation” package including Avon products, candle, etc.
- Grilling package featuring an 18½-inch Weber grill.
- John Deere package featuring a cap, travel cup and wall clock.
- “Kitchen” package including place mats, napkins, cake pan and distinct North Dakota cookbooks featuring German and Germans from Russia fare.
- “Valentines package” featuring dinner, roses, win candles and pearl earrings.
- “Men’s toys” package including book bag, clock, money clip, tool set, mugs and dinner certificate.
- Cookbook package featuring the books of guests interviewed by WDAZ’s Dullum.
Please check back for updates.
Categories: The Jan. 21 event