More silent auction items for Saturday’s ‘KG’ benefitPosted on January 1, 2012
More silent auction items are en route to the benefit Saturday for Kevin Grinde, and they’re scheduled to arrive just in time.
The benefit for Kevin, a November liver transplant recipient who also celebrates his birthday Saturday, is set for 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday (Jan. 21) at the Knights of Columbus, 601 University Ave., on the north edge of downtown Grand Forks.
There’s a spaghetti dinner (free-will offering) as well, with proceeds going to cover on-going medical and general living expenses for Kevin and his wife Sara. The North Dakota Association for the Disabled (NDAD) is the designated Grinde fund custodian. Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is providing some matching funds.
Here are some of the latest items scheduled for the silent auction:
- CVA Optima muzzle loader with scope and case.
- Antique leather gun case “Leg O Mutton” style.
- Antique Custom Model 12-gauge Winchester, 30-inch full choke with custom stock and arm.
- Wind chime created by Maryland-based artist Lee Hulteng, former Grand Forks Herald and Knight-Ridder News Bureau in Washington, D.C.
- GRACO Cordless Airless Sprayer Pro Shot.
- $200 gift certificate toward a family portrait by Rock Tweten of Tweten’s Photography, Grafton, N.D.; Rock is known for doing portraits of many performers at UND’s Chester Fritz Auditorium.
- Gary Sorrels numbered print, “North Country Bluewings”
- Wine basket featuring 4 bottles, wine aerator, wine stopper, Godiva chocolates, crackers and cheese spread, almonds, cheese swirls, cookies.
- Two framed 16×20 prints from Chuck Kimmerle, former Herald and UND photographer.
- White knit baby blanket.
- 5 “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series books.
- A sixth “Chicken Soup” series “Shaping the New You” book with Valeo Body Ball, plus Splenda and Slim-Fast shakes.
- 2 Frost collector knives, one with bone handle, the other with steel handle.
- Charlie Brown “Around Town” collectible figure.
- 4-by-2-foot Michelob Light golf mirror with etched images.
- Artist Mark Scott numbered print with 3-D images of legendary golfers.
Before we revisit some of the silent auction items announced earlier….
Can’t make the benefit but would like to help? Tax-deductible donations can be mailed to NDAD/Kevin Grinde, 2660 Columbia Road, Grand Forks ND 58201. For more information, please call Jeri at (701) 775-5577.
And now, here’s some more silent auction items at Saturday’s benefit:
- Outdoors excursion trips, including:
- Two evening catfish fishing excursions on Red River with local guide Brad Durick.
- An ice fishing day on Lake of the Woods from Ballard’s Resort.
- An eight-hour guided open-water fishing trip on Leech Lake.
- A guided winter or summer Ely, Minn., area lake trout trip for 1 or 2 people, with fishing guide/photographer Steve Foss.
- A guided one-day Ely, Minn., area photo excursion for 1 or 2 people with Foss.
- A three-day/night ice fishing excursion for 4 on Lake of the Woods’ Oak Island.
- UND sporting events, including 4 tickets each to the women’s hockey game Feb. 3, women’s basketball game Feb. 11 and men’s basketball game Feb. 25 — each package with an extra gift card/certificate.
- A tailgate-style barbeque event for 12, featuring baby-back ribs, jambalaya, baked beans, sirloin tips and fresh fruit, at your house, a park, or other local setting.
- A Disney package including two tickets to see Disney On Ice at Ralph Engelstad Arena.
- Tickets to a Fargodome monster truck event, plus a restaurant gift card.
- Several golf cards and certificates featuring play at multiple local/regional courses – many including free use of a cart.
- A news-time, behind-the-scenes tour and meeting with Channel 8 anchors Terry Dullum, Charley Johnson, Pat Sweeney and Molly Thorvilson, for up to 4 people, during WDAZ News @ 5 and 6.
- A special dinner for two, prepared by Grand Forks Herald food editor / columnist Jeff “Chef Jeff” Tiedeman.
- Autographed collections from several noted authors from the region:
- Julie Kramer (“Stalking Susan,” “Missing Mark”), Minnesota crime-fiction novelist and a Minnesota Book Awards winner for genre fiction.
- Tony Bender, the North Dakota author-columnist-humorist (“The Last Ghostdance,” “Prairie Beat,” “The Great and Mighty Da-Da,” “Loons in the Kitchen” and “If Every Month Were June”) and a music producer, too (“Dillinger” CD).
- A Cal Ripkin Jr. Cooperstown Collection baseball throwback jersey.
- An Adrian Peterson “on field” style Minnesota Vikings jersey.
- A puck and cap autographed by Minnesota Wild’s Pierre Marc-Bouchard.
- A Minnesota Wild leather jacket.
- Minnesota Twins items, including a “Game 163” poster-size photograph autographed by 2010 A.L. Manager of the Year Ron Gardenhire; an officlal MLB baseball autographed by Gardenhire; and a Justin Morneau bobblehead collectible.
- A UND Fighting Sioux picnic tote package.
- A puck autographed by U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist/U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame player John Mayasich, last year ranked No 1 on the Star Tribune’s list of 100 Greatest Players in High School Hockey History.
- More individual items, including:
- A Garmin Extrex Vista GPS.
- A 50th-anniversary John Deere collectible toy tractor.
- A collectible Avon “Rose Splendor” Barbie.
- Several homemade quilts and afghans.
- One-year and six-month Herald daily and Sunday newspaper subscriptions.
- A fern watercolor monotype print by artist Carolyn Meisel.
- A wildlife art print and church art print.
- Multiple gift baskets and other packages, featuring gift cards/certificates and various other items provided by favorite local restaurants, retailers, service providers and other businesses and individuals. A small sample:
- “Romantic evening” package including a night’s lodging, dinner, wine and Chippers.
- “Relaxation” package including Avon products, candle, etc.
- Grilling package featuring an 18½-inch Weber grill.
- John Deere package featuring a cap, travel cup and wall clock.
- “Kitchen” package including place mats, napkins, cake pan and distinct North Dakota cookbooks featuring German and Germans from Russia fare.
- “Valentines package” featuring dinner, roses, win candles and pearl earrings.
- “Men’s toys” package including book bag, clock, money clip, tool set, mugs and dinner certificate.
- Cookbook package featuring the books of guests interviewed by WDAZ’s Dullum.
Categories: The Jan. 21 event